::::::: SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy :::::::

.............. ... ... ... ...

Some Words from Master Changs Pupils
SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy Family

Master Henrik S. Hunstad

The SANGROK gym has become like a second home for me. I'm very privileged to have experienced the training and the spirit of SANGROK. The way Master Chang has taught me, has given me an opportunity to learn high quality Taekwondo. SANGROK represent not only taekwondo to me, but also the best part of Korean culture. I feel honored to call Master Chang my master and friend. Anyone that wants to experience Korean culture at it's best and wishes to train the best Taekwondo, should visit the SANGROK World Taekwondo Academy. The way of Master Chang's taekwondo teaching is a blend of traditional taekwondo and Olympic taekwondo. If you are a beginner, an instructor, competitioner etc, SANGROK gym and Master Chang has something to teach everyone.

Sincerely,

Master Henrik S. Hunstad,
International Master Instructor, 5th dan
Director of SANGROK Norway.

- If you'd like to read more from students who have trained at SANGROK,
please click on the messages below -

Master Chang(2008-08-22 16:03:04, Hit : 5495, Vote : 831
 http://www.sangrokgym.com
 200505241206020100_1.jpg (63.2 KB), Download : 70
 Moon Elected IOC Member

Moon Dae-sung reacts after learning that he was elected
as a new member of the IOC athletes commission. / Joint Press Corps

Moon Elected IOC Member
08-21-2008      By Kim Tong-hyung     KT    Staff Reporter

Former taekwondo Olympic champion Moon Dae-sung was elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) athletes' commission Thursday.

The 32-year-old South Korean, a heavyweight gold medalist in the 2004 Athens Games, led the vote among the 29 high-profile athletes seeking election, making him the country's second IOC member alongside Samsung Group chairman Lee Kun-hee.

Moon will serve for eight years on the 19-member athletes commission, whose role is to provide a link between active competitors and the Olympic governing body.

Only active Olympians or athletes who have participated in the previous Games are allowed candidacy and every athlete participating in the Beijing Games was eligible to vote.

Moon is the first Asian Olympian ever to be voted to the IOC athletes' commission.

``The news brought tears to my eyes,'' said Moon, adding that he spent about 15 hours a day touring the athletes' village to promote his candidacy.

``Some of the athletes and coaches gave me a suspicious look when I first approached them with my awkward English, but later they hugged me and wished me good luck,'' he said.

``Right now, the United States and European states have the largest influence in international sports, and I will try to represent the interests of Asian countries.''

Moon received 3,220 of the 7,216 total votes and was followed by Russian swimming legend Alexander Popov with 1,903 votes. German fencing standout Claudia Bokel came in third with 1,836 votes, followed by Cuban volleyball star Yumilka Ruiz Luaces with 1,571.

All four were elected to the athletes commission and will be granted full rights as IOC members, including voting on Olympic venues and other major decisions.

Of the committees 19 members, 15 are granted full authority as IOC members, including Moon. Short track speed skating star Chun Lee-kyung is another Korean representative on the athletes' commission, but not an IOC member.

Active athletes such as Chinese hurdler Liu Xiang, Australian swimmer Grant Hackett and Kenyan marathoner Paul Tergat failed to get elected.

thkim@koreatimes.co.kr

From Sk Chirisan
I feel Sangrok is bright in the future now

Copyright 1999-2024 Zeroboard / skin by zero

SANGROK WORLD TAEKWONDO ACADEMY
3rd Floor, Sejeong Building, 45-4 Sinwol 3-dong, Yangcheon-guSeoul, Korea
Tel: +82 2 2695 7924 Fax: +82 2 2693 8924

e-mail : SANGROK@gmail.com webmaster : syongjin@empal.com